Grants available for minor upgrades to licensed child care facilities
3 Feb 2022
Education, Childcare, Grants
Coming in March: Grants will be available for minor renovations and small capital purchases
Commerce's Early Learning Facilities (ELF) program will open a new funding round for eligible child care providers in early March. Grants are for minor renovations to existing buildings used by child care providers licensed or certified by the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) on or before January 1, 2020.
- Family homes, child care centers, and K-12 school districts are all eligible to apply.
- Grant funds may be used for minor renovations and small capital purchases.
- All work must be performed by licensed and bonded contractors.
- The grants are intended to support child care providers so that they can maintain or expand operations during and after the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Specific allowable capital project costs will be listed in the Program Guidelines.
- Unlike previous ELF funding rounds, providers do not need to increase their number of spaces to apply.
- Previous ELF awardees are eligible to apply in this funding round, as long as this scope of work is different from a previous ELF award.
Save the date! Informational webinar Feb. 28
Monday, Feb. 28, 12:30 p.m. – 2 p.m.
Commerce will host an application webinar covering eligible grant costs, program requirements, eligible organizations and instructions on how to submit an application through ZoomGrants.
We will also reserve time for questions at the end of the presentation.
Complete Program Guidelines, FAQs and the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) will be posted online soon and shared to this mailing list. Please continue to check our website and stay subscribed to the mailing list mailing list to be notified as soon as these materials are released.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org