Coming Soon - Working Washington Grants: Round 5
17 Jun 2022
Grant, Covid-19, WW5, Working Washington, Small Business Grants
The Washington State Legislature has allocated a new round of grant funding for small businesses affected by the pandemic. $70 million was appropriated by the legislature for the next round of Working Washington Grants: Round 5, with $45 million of the appropriation directed to eligible businesses and nonprofit organizations in the arts, heritage, and science sectors, including those that operate live entertainment venues. $25 million will be directed at most other sectors, including hospitality, fitness and personal services.
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria, with additional details to be shared in the coming weeks:
- Active for-profit or non-profit business or organization, with a UBI or EIN number, and physically located in Washington State.
- Be able to demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
- Have been in operation prior to December 31, 2020
- Have not reported annual gross receipts of more than $5,000,000 in calendar year 2019
- Minimum total revenues of at least $10,000 in 2019 or 2020.
- Generates at least 51% of revenue in Washington State
- Have not permanently closed or intend to permanently close in 2022
- Applicants must apply for one business only. Those with multiple entities should apply on behalf of their largest or most impacted business.
- Have expenses that are necessary to continue business operations and the expense is not a federal, state, or local tax, fee, license, or other government revenue
- Have experienced a reduction in business income or activity related to COVID-19 or as a result of state or local COVID-19 related public health measures
- Adherence to all required COVID-19 public health measures
- Self-attest that the expense is not funded by any other government or private entity
Sign up for updates at Emergency Grants | Washington State Department of Commerce (commercegrants.com)
COMING – Convention Center Grants
The Washington State Legislature has allocated $5 million for a grant program to assist businesses and nonprofits that are dependent to maintain their operations on the economic activity created through conventions hosted in Washington state.
Information regarding eligibility and criteria will be posted on Emergency Grants | Washington State Department of Commerce (commercegrants.com) in the coming weeks.