CHI Franciscan Health’s $500 million investment of the new 500,000 square-foot St. Michael Medical Center ensures that Kitsap and the Olympic Peninsula residents have access to the latest in technology, ecological design, and healing comfort.
St. Michael Medical Center serves as the regional hub for Kitsap’s growing healthcare industry. The healthcare sector in Kitsap County includes a wide range of facilities, services and specialty practices including Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Peninsula, a new Veterans Affairs Clinic, family care clinics, cardiac care, mental health facilities, assisted living centers, in-home health operations, physical therapy, homeopathic care, pharmacies, medical equipment sales and rentals, cancer care facilities, and medical laboratories. Workforce needs are supported with multiple healthcare career pathways, certificates and degrees through Olympic College.
St. Michael Medical Center opened December 2020 following a $500 million expansion and offers the very latest in technology, ecological design and healing comfort. The brand-new hospital provides emergency, trauma, and surgical care as a Level III Trauma Center. As part of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health’s system of 10 hospitals and 230 specialty clinics, St. Michael Medical Center will welcome, heal and care for our Kitsap and Olympic Peninsula communities for generations to come.
- ~500,000 square feet
- Level III Trauma Center with 56-bay Emergency Services department and rooftop helipad
- 248 beds, including 144 critical and acute beds. All patient rooms are situated for optimal privacy with serene views of the Olympic Mountains, Dyes Inlet or both.
- Nine new operating rooms
- Expanded stroke and heart care with four heart-catheterization/electrophysiology suites, and new heart and imaging systems.
- 22-room Imaging Center with 256-slice CT
- Birth Center and Level II Special Care Nursery
- Surgical Services including robotic-assisted surgery
- Orthopedics with expert joint replacement, sports medicine and rehabilitation therapies
- 50% more energy efficient than any other hospital in the Pacific Northwest region.
The Doctors Clinic is part of Franciscan Medical Group, is a multi-specialty, physician-owned medical group with seven clinic locations throughout Kitsap County, with a tradition of excellent patient care. More than 80 healthcare professionals and 350 staff members, care for the people and communities throughout Kitsap County. Each one is dedicated to providing comforting, personal attention and excellence in patient care for all who visit one of our clinics.
Many additional specialties and practices make up Kitsap’s Healthcare Sector including:
- Kitsap Mental Health Services Kitsap Mental Health Services (KMHS) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization providing a full range of inpatient, outpatient, and residential behavioral health services for children and their families, adults and older adults.
- Martha & Mary provides quality, compassionate care to children, adults, seniors and their families, offering them a safe place to grow and learn, a caring place to recover from illness, as well as, a place to live their lives with dignity, honor, and individuality.
- Naval Hospital Bremerton (NHB) is a fully accredited, community-based acute care and obstetrical hospital, currently operating 25 in-patient beds and hosting a variety of ambulatory, acute and specialty clinics. The hospital’s more than 1,400 dedicated military, civilian, contract and volunteer staff of doctors, nurses, hospital corpsmen and support staff administer compassionate, professional care to over 60,000 eligible military families residing within its West Puget Sound area of responsibility.
- Peninsula Community Health Services provides primary medical, dental, behavioral health counseling, substance use treatment, pharmacy services, and health education and promotion activities for all stages of life. Services are provided to all patients regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) Peninsula stablished state-of-the-art radiation and medical oncology clinic located in Poulsbo on the Kitsap Peninsula. This comprehensive cancer center is designed to bring services to you and connect you to our world renowned experts.
- Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Clinic- Silverdale outpatient facility completed in September 2019 provides high-quality healthcare for veterans. The facility has 14 exam rooms, including one for specialized procedures and one geared toward health care for women
In-county education and training providing staff for this expanding field includes:
- Nursing: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Human Services Associate in Arts (AA)*
- Human Services & Substance Use Disorder
- Medical Assisting AAS-T: Associate in Applied Science
- Medical Assisting Certificate of Specialization
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate of Specialization
- Medical Receptionist Certificate of Completion
- Nursing Assistant Certificate of Recognition
- Nursing ATA: Associate in Technical Arts
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing Certificate of Specialization
- Associate in Pre-Nursing: Associate in Arts (AA-DTA/MRP)
- Physical Therapist Assistant: Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
- Pre-Professional Health Occupations (pre-dentistry, pre-medicine, pre-pharmacy, pre-veterinary, etc.) Associate in Arts (AA)*
- Substance Use Disorder Counseling: Associate in Technical Arts (ATA)
- Supportive Health Occupations*