Shop Local & support small businesses
12 Aug 2022
Small business, Agribusiness
It's National Farmers Market Week!
Fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products, baked goods, and handmade crafts: America’s farmers markets are certainly all of these things. But they’re also much more than meets the eye. Farmers markets nourish our communities by creating jobs, connecting producers directly with consumers, and cultivating strong local, regional, and national food systems. According to the most recent National Farmers Market Managers survey, there are more than 8,000 farmers markets across the U.S. — and their impact can’t be overstated. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) reports that farmers markets contribute $9 billion to the U.S. economy each year.
Find a Farmers Market near you and support your local small businesses:
- Bainbridge Island Farmers Market
- Bremerton Community Farmers Market
- Central Kitsap Farmers Market
- Kingston Farmers Market
- Kitsap Fresh - Online Farmers Market
- Poulsbo Farmers Market
- Port Orchard Farmers Markets
• Visit WA State Farmers Market Association (WSFMA) to find markets throughout Washington
• Visit Idaho Farmers Market Association (IFMA) to find markets throughout Idaho
Interested in becoming a small business owner and serving your community? Learn about SBA resources that can help you start, grow, and fund your new venture