KeyBank Key4Women Pitch Contest
6 Jun 2022
I am excited to share with you that KeyBank has embarked on its first women-owned business pitch contest in the West. KeyBank’s Key4Women program, TheWMarketplace, University of Washington Foster School of Business, and University of Washington Tacoma Milgard School of Business are collaborating to host a business pitch contest for women-owned businesses in Seattle and Greater Puget Sound. Opportunities for start-ups and existing businesses will be offered, with cash awards totaling over $47,000. The grand prize winner will earn $20,000.
To be eligible, for-profit businesses must be 51 percent owned, controlled, operated, and managed by a woman or women. They must also be headquartered in King, Pierce, Snohomish, Thurston, or Kitsap counties. Applicants can be an entrepreneur with a new business idea or an existing company with a new product or service that expands their current business with annual sales of less than $3 million.
We need your help to spread the word. Talk to your clients, prospects and community members that you think fit this criteria and encourage them to share their idea!
- June 1st- Online portal opens for submissions at 8am PST.
- July 31st- Application deadline (portal closes) at 11:59 PST.
- August 15th- Ten finalists will be chosen by a diverse panel of UW judges.
- September 15th- Live event at UW Foster School of Business from 10am-1pm PST where finalists will present a 4-minute pitch and field questions from the panel of judges.
- September 16th- Formal announcement of winners.