RFP – Apple Health and Homes Capacity Building Grants
16 Dec 2022
Biz Opps, Government Contracting, Housing
The Washington State Department of Commerce hereafter called “COMMERCE,” is initiating this Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals from firms interested in participating in a project to:
- Enhance the ability of community support services providers and housing providers to deliver community support services and permanent supportive housing; and
- Assure that an initial infrastructure is established to create strong networks of community support services providers and housing providers.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00 PM, Friday, Jan. 13, 2023.
Available funding and number of awards
The total funding available for this work is $470,000. Commerce intends to award multiple contract to provide the services described in this RFP. The maximum award per apparent successful applicant will not exceed $25,000.
Anticipated period of performance
Any contracts awarded will start February 13, 2023 and run through June 30, 2023.
Background and scope of work
The objective of this procurement is to distribute funds to support capacity building efforts that fulfill the legislative requirements in Chapter 216, 2022 Laws PV. Specifically, the law directs Commerce to fund “community support services provider and housing provider capacity-building grants to further the state’s interests of enhancing the ability of community support services providers and housing providers to deliver community support services and permanent supportive housing; and assure that an initial infrastructure is established to create strong networks of community support services providers and housing providers.”
Funds granted to qualified applicants through this procurement must be used for capacity-building activities within the scope of legislation as cited above. In particular, COMMERCE encourages applications that would do one or more of the following:
- Build knowledge of and fidelity to permanent supportive housing (PSH) best practices and funding models.
- Build the capacity to deliver Foundational Community Supports (FCS) services through increasing staffing, establishing billing processes, contractual relationships with Amerigroup, and partnerships.
- Establish partnerships between service and rental assistance programs such as FCS providers, CBRA providers, GOSH providers, health-care providers, housing developers/providers, and community support services providers that enhance wrap-around services to PSH tenants on-site and/or lower barriers to access community support services.
- Foster the development of PSH in rural communities through partnerships between local and statewide developers, housing providers, and community support service providers.
- Cultivate or develop PSH for marginalized communities.
- Other activities that result in increased capacity to deliver PSH through partnerships between community support services providers and housing providers that create or strengthen collaborative networks.