KEDA Releases Results of Top Employers Survey
1 Aug 2022
Top Employers, Economy, NEWS RELEASE
KEDA and Western Washington University Center for Economic and Business Research partner to produce Kitsap Top Employers List for 2021
SILVERDALE, WA -For the sixth year the Kitsap Economic Development Alliance (KEDA) has again partnered with the Center for Economic and Business Research at Western Washington University to produce the Kitsap Top Employers List. The Top Employers List is the most frequently accessed report on KEDA’s website. This data is utilized by public and private partners, potential real estate investors and companies considering expansion or relocation for inclusion in market analysis, industry cluster analysis, competitive analysis, and workforce analysis. Employment counts reflect permanent full-time employees as of December 31, 2021.
Trends & Highlights:
- Seven of the top ten employers are public, versus eight in 2020.
- Overall employment numbers are trending higher
- Of the sixty-three (63) organizations with 100+ employees, the majority are private companies in 2021 (42 companies)
- Nine of those are government contractors
- Five are nonprofit organizations
- Four are manufacturers
• In the top ten for both years, there are a few changes in order. As noted above, there are more public than private employers – which is the norm for Kitsap.
- Naval Base Kitsap numbers increased by over 5,500
- Most of this increase was just over 3,500 in civilian employees (in 2020 that increase was 2,300)
The complete list of 2021 Kitsap Top Employers can be viewed and downloaded at https://kitsapeda.me/2021-TopEmployers
Founded in 1983, the Kitsap Economic Development Alliance focuses on partnering with business and government to retain, expand and attract employers to Kitsap. The organization focuses on holistically developing Kitsap’s economy across its various geographies and communities to ensure healthy growth and a desirable quality of life. For more information, visit www.kitsapeda.org